Public speaking is all about grabbing the attention of your audience. Whether you’re speaking to a room of 20 people, or a speech filled with 1,000 people, there’s a number of things that you can do to connect with each audience member.
This 20-minute session will teach you the practical steps to grabbing the attention of your audience and keeping it!
- Best methods for introducing your speech
- Choosing the appropriate vocabulary
- Sharing your personal story and making your topic real
- Taking your audience on a journey
- Using body language to connect with your audience
- Utilizing your stage to connect with the whole room
Our students have gone on to do great things! Graduates of Stand Up and Speak programs have won various local, provincial, and national awards. Our students have gained entry to the private school of their choosing and landed their desired jobs. See their stories at https://standupandspeak.com/press-and-awards/#awards
At Stand Up and Speak we believe in building confident communicators. Since 2001 that has been our main goal. Our new video library is just one component to the Stand Up and Speak curriculum. We also offer in person and online ‘live’ programs ranging from a one-hour class to our 8-month competitive program. See all of our programs at https://standupandspeak.com/programs/